LinkedIn is sending out access to live video and newsletters to those who have their personal accounts set to creator mode. This upgrade will be gradually rolled out to those who do not already have access to live video and newsletters throughout the month.
With creator mode set on your profile, the only thing left to do is wait for the features to activate. If you do not have creator mode enabled or are unfamiliar with what it is, continue reading the next sections to learn more about it.
How Does LinkedIn’s Creator Mode Work?
As the name implies, creator mode is a complimentary upgrade to user profiles for those who are primarily interested in content creation. All users have the option of engaging creator mode, but there are a few things you should know before doing so.
With creator mode enabled, the following changes are made to your profile:
- Your profile’s Connect button will convert to a Follow button.
- Rather than the number of connections, your profile will display the number of followers you have.
- You can use hashtags to display the topics you discuss in your profile introduction.
- By relocating the Featured and Activity sections to the top of your profile, your original content will be highlighted.
- Your likes, comments, and other activities will be removed from the Activity area.
- Along with profile updates, creator mode entitles you to access LinkedIn Live Video and LinkedIn Newsletters if you match the eligibility requirements.
The following criteria must be completed in order to utilize LinkedIn’s live video and newsletter features:
- A following of at least 150 followers and/or links.
- Recent shares of any form of original content on LinkedIn (For example, creating posts with text, images, or videos, publishing articles, etc.).
- A profile that is currently active and has a track record of adhering to LinkedIn’s Professional Community Policies.
How to Enable Creator Mode on LinkedIn?
If you match the criteria outlined above, you can activate creator mode by following these steps:
- At the top of your LinkedIn homepage,
- Click the Me
- To view your profile, click View.
- Select Creator mode: Off from the Your Dashboard
- On the preview pop-up box, click
- Utilize hashtags to denote the subjects of your posts.
- Click the Save
At any time, if you don’t like being in creator mode, you can turn it off.
You will not lose access to live video, but you will lose access to newsletters if you turn off creator mode.